Book hostage negotiator Richard Mullender to train your team online
Imagine you’re on the end of a phone negotiating the release of hostages. Diffusing a domestic siege. Or dissuading a would-be suicide. Think how well you’d need to listen, understand and influence. Our founder, Richard Mullender has dealt with just such life or death situations many times. So he knows a thing or two about remote communication. A skillset he’s ideally equipped to share with your team.
Elite communication skills for the 'new normal' working world
Two hours a week for four weeks, for ultimate stickiness.
Brief us on your team’s needs and your desired training outcomes. We’ll deliver a Diploma course that will enable each of your people to
- Set an outcome for every phone or video call.
- Adopt a position to put your brain on high alert.
- Select a mindset for success.
- Subtly use minimal encouragers to keep the other person talking.
- Identify - at speed – the secrets that lie in their ramblings.
- Echo, to delve deeper without changing the subject.
- Differentiate between facts, emotions, motivators, values and levers in the other person’s conversation.
- Identify, select and interpret the key words that turn information into intelligence.
- Turn questions into suggestions by stating your impression.
- Suggest a course of action using the other person’s values, beliefs and motivators, rather than your own.
- Test your hypothesis without offending the other person.
- Work as a team during meetings so you stick to pre-agreed roles and never undermine each other.
- Deliver a benefit-rich proposal using the intelligence you’ve gathered, so you sell-in a solution that precisely mirrors their priorities.
- Know how to bargain with the four negotiation tradeables of price, quality, quantity and delivery.
- Review success
Throughout the course, we pair delegates up in virtual breakout rooms. This means the exercises they take part in come as close as possible to face-to-face interaction.
Add a ‘Live’ Hostage Negotiation Team-Building hour
You can add this hugely memorable and skill-testing experience to the end of any course you book with us. It’s unnervingly authentic since all hostage negotiation is conducted remotely. It’s also a unique opportunity for your team to work together to solve a problem that is literally life or death. (Well, almost literally.)Learn more